Embodiments of the invention provide means to the users of the system to provide ratings and corresponding feedback for enhancing the genuineness in the ratings. The system includes a memory coupled to a processor. The memory includes one or more instructions executable by the processor to enable the users of the system to rate each other based on at least one of sharing, exchanging, and selling one of activity, service or product. The system may provide a mechanism to encourage genuineness in ratings provided by the users. Furthermore, the instructions facilitate the rating receivers to provide feedbacks corresponding to the received ratings. The feedback includes accepting or objecting to a particular rating. Moreover, the memory includes instructions executable by the processor to enable the system to determine the genuineness of an objection raised by a rating receiver.
FIELD OF THE INVENTION
The invention relates to social networking applications and more specifically the invention relates to enhancing the reliability of ratings provided to users in a social network.
BACKGROUND OF THE INVENTION
- In the current scenario of global inflation, resource management is increasingly required to cut the cost and to overcome many other problems. For example, the prevalent use of single occupancy vehicles is known to be a significant cause of several major economic, social and environmental problems. The problems embrace increasing cost due to the usage of energy resource for each vehicle, higher parking-space issues, traffic congestion, increased level of air pollution and the like. Further, an alternative to the use of single occupancy vehicles is the use of multi-occupancy vehicles, where multiple individuals can share a single vehicle.
- For sharing a resource such as a vehicle, an individual needs to search for people who are willing to join for sharing a vehicle for riding together to a particular location. This requires spending time in searching for reliable people to share the ride. Further, in existing systems, a user can post a query for vehicle sharing. Corresponding to the post, other users of the system those are interested in sharing the vehicle for the ride (hereinafter may be referred to as “interested users”) can reply to that query regarding their interests in sharing the vehicle. However, in these systems, the interested users may be completely unknown to the user who posts the query. Thus, the main problem in such systems is the lack of credibility, of the interested people, which typically is the pre-requisite for many users. Further, in these systems, the user has to wait until any interested user respond correspondingly to the query of the user. Furthermore, the user may need to contact the other interested users, either personally or telephonically, to discuss various parameters for sharing the vehicle. Such parameters may include but are not restricted to, compensation/expense that may be shared between the users, timings, and various conditions corresponding to the sharing of the vehicle for a ride. This wastes a significant amount of time on the user’s part.
- Further, in addition to vehicle sharing, there are some other resources that may not be shared, generally, with others such as a house, machinery etc. Further, such non-sharable resources may be expensive to possess. An individual may think of providing or receiving such resource in exchange for any other resource or any service. However, exchanging such expensive resources, with any other resource or service offered by any other person, require a high level of credibility in the offer of the other person and vice versa. Further, if an individual decides to exchange a resource with a service offered by the other person then the individual may be required to keep an eye on the activities performed (corresponding to the service) by the other person. This wastes a significant time of the individual to track the service provided by the other person. For example, a user may think of reducing a cost by borrowing a machinery from any other person (possessing the machinery) in exchange of providing some service to the other person such as pets’ keeping in the absence of the other person. Here, the other person has to have trust in the individual so as to allow the individual to handle the pets in the absence of the other person. Thus, the credibility of any unknown users for exchanging the product/service remains always under stake.
- In addition to resource sharing and exchanging, many individuals like to look for people for some collective activities, such as recreational activities. For any recreational activity, such as playing, riding etc., an individual usually searches for like-minded people. For example, an individual may be willing to go out to dine with someone or may be willing to play chess with someone who is good at (or interested in) playing chess. For this, the individual may be required to spend a considerable amount of time to search any person around who is like-minded and also credible to go along with for any such collective activity. In such cases, the credibility of an unknown person is always a question for the individual.
- Based on the aforementioned, there is a need for a system and a corresponding method to support resource sharing with credible users and without requiring much time consumption at a user’s end. Further, the system should provide support for combined or exchangeable activities with credible and suitable users based on the interest of a user. Furthermore, the system should support a user for sharing and/or exchanging services or products. Thus, the system is required for providing support to a user in sharing/exchanging resources/services and to overcome the shortcoming of the related arts.
- Embodiments of the present invention provide a system for enhancing the reliability of ratings provided to users in a social network. The system includes a processor and a memory coupled to the processor. The memory includes a database and instructions executable by the processor. The database includes profile information (corresponding to each user) that may include information corresponding to one or more types of ratings received by each user based on at least one of sharing, exchanging, and selling at least one of activity, service or product. Furthermore, the instructions enable the second user to raise an objection on the rating provided by the first user. Also, the objection raised by the second user may be accepted or rejected by analyzing the information corresponding to at least one of the one or more types of ratings corresponding to the first user and the second user. Additionally, at least one of the types of ratings, corresponding to the users, may be updated based on the acceptance or rejection of the objection raised by the second user.
- Further, embodiments of the present invention provide a system for enhancing the reliability of ratings provided to users in a social network. The system includes a processor and a memory. The memory includes a database and instructions executable by the processor. The database may comprise profile information corresponding to each user that includes information corresponding to one or more types of ratings received by each user based on at least one of sharing, exchanging, and selling at least one of activity, service or product with one or more other users. Further, the instructions analyze the rating, provided by the first user, with respect to a pre-set value of rating to determine whether the rating is above, below or equal to the pre-set value of rating. Furthermore, instructions may perform one or more tasks to enable at least one of the first user and the second user to perform one or more acts corresponding to the rating, the at least one of the first user and the second user being enabled to perform the one or more acts based on analysis of the rating. Additionally, the instructions executable by the processor may update the types of ratings, corresponding to the users, based on the one or more acts performed by at least one of the first user and the second user.